1. Supported National Spring Clean by organising a Community Litter-Pick along the canal path.
2. Supported Padley Day Centre Textiles Recycling Unit
3. Collected Aluminium Cans to raise money for the church roof
4. Supported Christian Aid's Supermarket Receipt Collection
Supermarket petition for ethically produced goods. Photo courtesy and © of Derby Evening Telegraph
5. Operated a Re-cycling Book. (There was a section for goods that people wanted and a section for goods that people offered.)
6. Organised two Services involving Environmental Concerns. The first was on February 7th, Creation day. the second was held later in the year when CEL Chairman Tim Cooper came to speak.
7. Collected Used Stamps for Derby and Sandiacre Canal Restoration Society
8. Rogation Sunday: invited a naturalist, John Bland, to lead a walk in local Alvaston Park
9. Organised a visit to three local organic gardens (picture below)
10. Organised a coach trip to Highfields Farm, Etwall. At Highfields Farm there is a project helping young ex-offenders back into work and society. They sell free range eggs.