Actions carried out at the Church for the
Christian Ecology Link
Millennium Challenge Certificate
1. The group set themselves up within the Church with a formal Constitution to further Environmental Projects
2. The group joined the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers to acquire information and assistance
3. Lacewing breeding chambers at have been set up at various sites in Handforth and their effect monitored
4. Bicycle racks have been installed at St Benedict's Church and Car Free Sundays have been promoted
5. There is an external Notice Board to promote beneficial "Green Practice" to the local community
6. The group has researched the use of low-energy bulbs and have installed several in the church building.
7. An Aluminium recycling centre has been set up on church premises.
8. Additional trees, shrubs, herbacious plants have been planted.
9. The group has highlighted the required disciplines for church heating controls
10. The group has encouraged appreciation of wildlife needs.