- Water conservation: Sent for 100 "hippos" from Yorkshire Water and distributed them through the congregation
- Invited a speaker from Yorkshire Water to the Fellowship Group. He was challenged on the so called Keilder connection and its impact on the rivers. The best he could muster was "Ah, now you're talking about environmental issues. We have to make a profit!"
- Energy efficiency: Use energy efficient light bulbs throughout the church
- Re-cycling: The Brownies have been doing an environmental challenge, part of which involves energy conservation and re-cycling of cans. The congregation have helped with the can collections.
- Yew Tree: A yew tree has been ordered from the Millennium Yew tree project. The Brownies will plant this as part of their challenge.
- Jubilee 2000: St Peter's Emmaus group is studying the module which includes Jubilee 2000. The church grounds in the centre of Harrogate were used for a recent publicity exercise about Jubilee 2000
- Coffee. Nescafe is not used. Cafe direct is its main replacement.
- Harvest: the school children brought bags of staple food for Kosovo, in lieu of pretty baskets. Other children picked blackberries and made jam as their harvest gift.
- Liturgy: Special sermons and prayers were used for Harvest and for Rogation Sunday.. An Annual Animal Service is held which focuses on our care of all creation rather than just on cuddly furry creatures.
- Green tips are written for the magazine.
Still to tackle: Environment friendly cleaning materials; Car sharing
Cancel the debt - Jubilee 2000 event at St Peter's